- While you are still "numb" avoid eating as your could bite your lip/cheek/tongue and not feel it
- As every person is different, the length of time that the numbness should wear off varies.
On average, it takes about three to five hours after your appointment for the numbness to wear off.
- If you had a long appointment and your jaw or facial muscles are sore, avoid challenging yourself
with foods that are chewy.
- If you are sore at the injection site or develop an ulcer in that area, rinse with warm salt water for the
next few days (about 1/4 tsp. salt in 8 oz. of water) and avoid foods high in salt or acid.
- Please call our office if you have concerns or if the symptoms do not improve at (253) 854-8008.