A comprehensive dental exam will be performed at your initial dental visit. Regular dental exams is recommended to follow every six months.
The following procedures are performed:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening : Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation : Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay : All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations : Check current fillings, crowns, etc.