A dental implant is a small titanium screw that serves as the replacement for the root portion of a missing natural tooth. Dental implants are usually placed by a periodontist in either the upper or lower jaws. The teeth attached to implants are very natural looking and often enhance or restore a patient’s smile! Due to the biocompatible properties of titanium, a dental implant fuses with the bone and becomes a good anchor for the replacement tooth.
Dental implants can be used in solutions for replacing single or multiple missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures. Implants provide excellent support and stability for these dental appliances.
Dental Implants benefits
- Maintains the jawbone structure.
- Stops bone loss caused by missing tooth root.
- Does not rely on other teeth for support
- Replace missing teeth without cutting down adjacent teeth to make a bridge
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient’s confident smile.
- Restore chewing, speech, and digestion.
- Restore or enhance facial tissues.
- Support Partial plates or loose full dentures, making them more secure and comfortable
- Can eliminates the need for partial or full dentures
- Feels and functions like natural teeth
- Cleaned and flossed like a natural tooth.