- It is not uncommon for your teeth to feel sensitive after whitening.
- To avoid sensitivity, do not wear your teeth whitening trays overnight to avoid overexposure of the whitening gel on the gums.
- You may use high strength Fluoride treatment like Gel-Kam for 2-4 weeks before resuming whitening.
- Drinking particularly hot or cold beverages may trigger the sensitivity so it is best to avoid these if your teeth are already sensitive.
- Using Sensodyne toothpaste or a high fluoride toothpaste may help alleviate some sensitivity; however any sensitivity should subside after a day or two.
- Also, after removing your whitening trays, avoid staining food or liquids (coffee, tea, wine) for at least one half hour.
Click Here To Print Instructions